Thank you for joining us this past week for Five Days of Gender Justice, the digital launch campaign to share the findings, data and stories from our new two-part research report, The Heart of Gender Justice in New Mexico: Intersectionality, Economic Security, and Health Equity. The research was done in collaboration with a team from the University of New Mexico and includes voices from community dialogues as well as data analysis on women’s economic security and health by race and ethnicity. Below are some things you can do to take action:
- Educate yourself by reading our new research The Heart of Gender Justice in New Mexico: Intersectionality, Economic Security, and Health Equity. You can download it on our website here.
- Contact your elected officials and candidates running for office via phone or email and share the research with them. Let them know that gender, race, class and colonization need to be part of their conversations and core messages.
- Share the report with your networks – you can send them the full link to download the report here.
- Connect with one or more of the nearly 50 organizations who participated in this research from across the state – see Appendix 1 in Part 1 and get involved with their work – you can volunteer or make a donation.
- Learn more about groups working to improve the lives of women and girls in New Mexico. NewMexicoWomen.Org has powerful partners working all over the state — Learn about their work here.
- Get Involved in an action, meeting or demonstration. Go to the Roundhouse, attend legislative events, participate in actions, or sign online petitions.
- Join Us at upcoming events around the state related to this research. We will post information via our newsletter here.
- Stay Tuned for more actions and events by signing up for our newsletter here.
- Take a Stand for New Mexico’s women and girls by donating to NewMexicoWomen.Org.