Position title: Operations and Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Exempt/non-exempt status: Non-Exempt, 20-hour per week
The Operations and Administrative Coordinator is responsible for general support and assistance with the operations and office management and work of NewMexicoWomen.Org, whose mission is to advance opportunities for women and girls in New Mexico so they can lead self-sufficient, healthy, and empowered lives.
The Coordinator assists with managing overall operations of the office and administering necessary tasks to support the work of NMW.O. The Coordinator role for NMW.O includes a wide variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks, vendor management, program support, including some communications and outreach to relevant partners, as well as event and meeting coordination and data/record management and organization.
Principal Roles and Responsibilities
Administration and Logistics Coordination
- Provides phone reception and greets all visitors
- Plans and coordinates events and meeting logistics
- Manages the calendar and assists with scheduling of meetings, arranges travel plans and itineraries for staff and board
- Coordinates and preps payables and receivables for accounting and related data entry and record keeping
- Handles employee expense reimbursement as well as coordinates all other payment requests
- Ensures both fiscal and personnel records are complete, current and accurate
- Coordinates and preps documents and records for insurance and third party vendors including employee payroll, insurance with assistance from the Executive Director
- Prepares new hire paperwork related to payroll processing, system orientation, maintains updated time allocations for employees and is responsible for the timely filing of all documents for compliance
- Assists with data entry, data management, and other data related administration for NMW.O records
- Manages passwords and communicates with IT
- Assists Executive Director in monitoring weekly operational needs.
- Provides oversight of the day-to-day functioning of the NMW.O office
- Ensures that the office is clean, well maintained, and safe
- Keeps office stocked with all necessary supplies to function smoothly and ensures that relevant supplier contracts are maintained
- Maintains liaison with all consultants, vendors and service providers
- Works with fiscal sponsor to ensure that all systems and services are being provided effectively and in timely manner
- Assists Executive Director and staff in organizing, scheduling and implementing self-care activities
- Other tasks and duties related to general office operations
- Provides assistance with planning and implementation of NMW.O programs and resource development efforts
- Assistance with note taking, transcribing, and summarizing of key meeting points
- Documents progress of NMW.O events and activities
- When necessary, gathers content for grant applications and reporting
- May be assigned other tasks and duties
- Commitment to mission of NewMexicoWomen.Org and values of social and gender justice
- Commitment to practicing equity in all aspects of the work
- Commitment to creating a warm, caring and supportive work space friendly to community and families
- Creativity, humility, humor, kindness and flexibility
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of commensurate experience
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- Highly proficient in data management/organization and mail mergers
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong critical thinking skills, curiosity and eagerness to learn from community members, peers and partners
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team in shared brainstorming and decision making
- Commitment to developing and strengthening relationships with community members, peers and partners
- Experience with logistics coordination and event planning
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and projects
- Attention to detail
- Experience / knowledge working with New Mexico’s diverse communities
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Willingness to address conflicts or issues as they arise
- Experience with social media tools and platforms
- Some understanding and analysis of gender and social justice topics in New Mexico
- Some experience working with non-profits, community organizing or in the philanthropic sector
- Experience with accounting and donor management software
- This is a part-time, year round position that may require some evening and weekend hours including statewide travel and occasional attendance to national conferences.
- NMW.O seeks to ensure that staff are able to work flexibly to ensure a harmonious work-life balance. Employees are able to work from home when needed.
- Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or physical strain.
- NMW.O staff are encouraged to engage in exercise and self-care practices regularly.
- NMW.O is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks a diverse work force. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any other legally protected status. Women of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5, 2018. The estimated start date for the position is February 1, 2018
Disclaimer: The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. NMW.O has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description is not a contract of employment and does not alter employee’s at-will employment status.